Sunday 15 January 2017

Evaluation Question 3

After completing a second research into Media Institutions, I have come to a conclusion about which one I feel most suitable to distribute my magazine.



Upon reflection, I feel Bauer Media Group would be the best choice to distribute my magazine for a few reasons. One reason is their use of cross-media convergence in existing magazines. This is something they do particularly well with, incorporating sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat into their magazines so the reader can interact with the magazine in more ways than through the pages. This also allows the magazines to become more customised to the audience as it allows for polls to be conducted for contents of the next issue, or for feedback to received and acted upon quicker.



Another reason is the price Bauer typically sell their magazines for. A standard magazine published by the group tends to be sold for a price in the region of £2-£3, which is more inline with the answers I received from my target audience research. This means that, by choosing Bauer, a greater percentage of my target audience would be able to purchase the magazine as it falls within their price range, allowing a wider spread audience and perhaps more profit in the long run.


Furthermore, magazines published by Bauer tend to be aimed at a target audience that is more aligned with mine. Magazines such as 'Q' and 'Kerrang!' appeal to a younger audience, and I feel that this would be perfect for my magazine owing to the Star Image and content. I could use the publishers
expertise to really grab the largest target audience possible, allowing my magazine to become commercially successful and perhaps encourage more people to take up classical music.


I believe that Bauer would be the best Institution to distribute my magazine locally and nationally as they own lots of Radio Stations (including 'Viking' and 'Radio Hallam', both of which are local to me) on which they could advertise my magazine. They also own TV channels '4Music' and 'Kiss', both of which attract my target audience, which would be ideal for marketing my magazine. If I were to sell my magazine globally, Bauer would also be an excellent choice of Institution, as they own over 100 Radio Stations and 400 digital media platforms in 16 countries spread over 4 continents worldwide, which widens my perspective target market even further.


The final reason for wanting to choose Bauer is the fact that they don't currently sell a magazine for the classical genre. This makes my magazine ideal for Bauer to take on as it would fill the whole in the market currently created by a lack of magazine in this genre. Bauer would make money off it as there is the audience for the genre, and therefore would be the ideal institution to produce my magazine.

2 comments: